Click on the desired class to view details and register for course.
- This event has passed.
CANCELLATION – FREE 50-HR SFST Instructor Course – 1016
August 31 @ 3:00 am - September 4 @ 12:00 pm CDT
THIS COURSE HAS BEEN CANCELLED – The Texas SFST Training Program offers a FREE 50-hour Standardized Field Sobriety Testing Instructor Course (TCOLE 1016) to licensed Texas Peace Officers. This training follows the NHTSA and IACP nationally standardized curriculum and prepares Texas Peace Officers to instruct fellow officers on how to properly administer and interpret the results of the Standardized Field Sobriety Testing battery. This is a five day, 50-hour course that will require full participation and demonstration, as well as time dedicated outside of the classroom. Wet labs with live drinkers will be utilized in this course to give officers additional “real life” experience and practice in administering the SFST test battery.
All participants must successfully pass a proficiency exam at the beginning of this course in order to continue. Those who do not pass, will be dismissed and will not receive any course credit.
In order to be considered eligible to attend this course, registrants must meet the following criteria:
1. Currently commissioned Texas Peace Officer
2. Successful completion of the National Highway Transportation Safety Administration (NHTSA) Standardized Field Sobriety Testing Practitioner Course, 2176 or 2067; or the SFST taken with Academy
3. At least three years of experience as a Standardized Field Sobriety Testing practitioner
4. Current basic instructor license or certificate issued by TCOLE (40 HR)
5. SFST Refresher update (an ARIDE or DRE update class is acceptable as well) within the last 2 years
*The above criteria must be verified by submitting a copy of each attendee’s TCOLE Personal Status Report to the program analyst (email@example.com) no later than 2 week prior to the course date.
Those not meeting these criteria will not be allowed to attend this course.*
Day 1: 8 am to 5 pm
Day 2: 8 am to 9 pm
Day 3: 8 am to 9 pm
Day 4: 8 am to 5 pm
Day 5: 8 am to 5 pm
2 additional hours are to be spent outside of the classroom as preparation time for presentations.
*Please note this tentative schedule and plan accordingly.